Wir möchten auf das folgende Angebot von Bayer aufmerksam machen.
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Head of Biomedical Data Science (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility across REDpreMED in leading and steering Biomedical Data Science across two main locations (Berlin & Wuppertal)
- Initiation and delivery of data packages for stage gate decisions in drug development
- Development of strategy for data-driven and evidence-based decision making at major drug development milestones together with key stakeholders
- Execution and implementation of strategy and direct portfolio responsibility as a key member of decision bodies for both project portfolio (Research Operating Committee, Research and Steering Committee(s) of global alliances and collaborations) and evidence/data portfolio (extended data board, integrated evidence generation core team)
- Collaboration with research and clinical departments to develop new data science products, databases, and platforms to accelerate decision making
- Guidance of the implementation of the Pharma R&D Digital Roadmap for targets, biomarkers, and precision medicine approaches in REDpreMED
- Coordination of interfaces between Precision Medicine Markers, Clinical Development and Operations, Translational Clinical Medicine, Pharmacometrics Modelling & Simulation, TAs, Data Science & AI, MA&PV as well as IT functions
- Initiation and driving of collaborations with academic or commercial partners as well as regular representation of Bayer in external networks
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in Life Sciences, Computational Sciences or a related field with very strong computational/quantitative focus combined with a long-term working experience in senior drug development or biotech role with clear understanding of use of diverse multi-omics data and quantitative methods for creating and advancing a portfolio of drug discovery projects
- Significant scientific track-record in the area of precision medicine, i.e. experience in developing innovative approaches leading to disease biology insights, strengthening target-disease link and developing robust precision medicine proposition for use in clinical trials
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with human multi-omics data and in silico target assessments as well as advanced IT and programming skills while being familiar with high performance and cloud computing; experience in statistical genetics data is a plus
- Demonstrated successful leadership track-record, i.e. ideally successful line-management experience of mid-sized (10+ managerial) teams or matrix management of larger cross-function teams as well as supervision of scientific staff and/or projects (e.g. MSc, PhD, PostDoc)
- Highly self-motivated and responsible, keen interest to develop field further as well as aspiration of life-long learning to develop and advance
- Ability to structure and to steer very complex processes as well as to strive for scientific excellence and to exceed goals regularly
- Excellent influencer, communicator and team player (m/f/d) with proven networking skills, both internally and externally
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
WHAT WE OFFER
- We ensure your financial stability through a competitive compensation package, consisting of an attractive base pay, our performance based company bonus and a global, equity-based cash plan with a four-year duration
- Whether it’s hybrid work models or part-time arrangements: Whenever it is possible, you will have the flexibility to work how, when and where it is best for you
- Your family is a top priority. We offer loving company daycare centers at multiple locations, support in finding childcare, time off for the care of elderly or dependent family members, summer camps for children, and much more
- We support your professional growth by providing access to learning and development opportunities, training programs through the Bayer Learning Academy, development dialogues, as well as coaching and mentoring programs
- We promote health awareness and opportunities for selfcare through various measures, such as free health checks with the company doctor and our health platform #machfit
- We embrace diversity by providing an inclusive work environment in which you are welcomed, supported, and encouraged to bring your whole self to work.
The position can be either filled in Wuppertal or Berlin.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Wie funktioniert die Bewerbung?
Meldet euch bei Interesse bitte unter firstname.lastname@example.org. Ihr erhaltet dann genauere Informationen zum Bewerbungsprozess.